How Does FDMâ„˘ Work?
This treatment model relates nearly soft tissue injuries and other musculoskeletal complications to the six kinds of changes to the bodyâ€™s connective tissues, which include tendons, fascial bands, ligaments, myofascia, adhesions and other types of tissues that are connected to the bones, nerves, muscles and organs. Specifically, these six different types of fascial dysfunction can be described as follows:
- Triggerband. Twisted fibers of connective tissues can cause burning or pulling pain, usually indicated through a sweeping range of movement along the length of the fascia.
- Herniated Trigger Points. If tissues have been pushed through the fascia, known as a herniated trigger point, patients may develop a deep ache and tenderness.
- Continuum Distortion. These occur as injuries to a tendon that transitions to bone.
- Folding Distortion. A fascial plane undergoes a three-dimensional alteration near the locations where joints move.
- Cylinder Distortion. Overlapping fascia coils are distorted in areas away from joints.Â
- Tectonic Fixation. Fascial surfaces cannot glide smoothly, resulting in stiffness and tightness.
FDM involves an in-depth physical assessment of the patientâ€™s history, physical and verbal descriptions, along with the cause of injury and relevant orthopedic tests. This leads our practitioners to a specific diagnosis to identify the correct type of soft tissue treatment. Once the altered tissue has been identified, the doctors utilize hands-on contact dictated by the physical assessment to treat and correct the injury.
FDMâ€™s effectiveness is gained through listening and watching specific patient cues that lead the practitioner to the root of the soft tissue injury, thus treating the correct tissue first and reducing the overall treatment time. We explore each patientâ€™s individual case carefully using our detailed understanding of how the FDA addresses the tears and injuries of fascia. Correction involves reversing the injury without the need to rest, and recovery can begin as soon as one or two treatments.
Visit Us at an Appointment
Physicians Plus is wholly dedicated to your recovery. Using the Fascial Distortion Modelâ„˘ and other approaches, we can help you perform at your best. Call today to begin.